For families and friends of individuals affected with mental illness such as: Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Major Depression, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, Anxiety Disorder and others.
With Hope In Mind is more than a program. It is the coming together of thousands of families, friends and primary caregivers to help one another deal more effectively with the impact and effects of mental illness. Through With Hope In Mind, families, friends and primary caregivers are offered eight workshops covering:
- Biological information about the brain, symptoms of illness, treatment concepts
and developing empathy for the person affected by mental illness;
- The major medical aspects of bipolar disorder, depression, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, post traumatic stress, anxieties, and obsessive-compulsive disorder through videos and discussions;
- The relationship between substance abuse and mental illness;
- Detailed information about medications;
- Immediate coping skills for dealing with the different cycles of each illness, including crisis planning;
- Coping skills for the more stable periods;
- Creative ways of dealing with problems created by mental illness;
- Information on community resources and navigating the mental health system;
- Collaboration with professionals; and
- Rehabilitation, recovery and creation of resiliency based on hope and support.
With Hope In Mind program is provided free to families and friends of persons affected by mental illness.
All With Hope In Mind workshops and support groups are made possible through the dedication of fully-trained volunteers who have personally experienced the impact of mental illness.
With Hope in Mind provides:
- a place to confront fears;
- a place for validation;
- a place to learn and practice skills related to dealing with real-life issues impacting families;
- a place to exchange information; and
- a place for acceptance, reassurance and understanding.
Life can move forward