SUPPORT: Resources: By Issue
   NAMI Tennessee Toll-free Helpline (800) 467-3589

Call 2-1-1 anywhere in Tennessee to find a mental health provider

Quick Links
DCS (Department of Children's Services)              

Report Child Abuse (877) 237-0004

Dental Care                   
Health Assist  (615) 269-4038


Gay & Lesbian National Hotline
Monday - Friday 5pm-10pm
(888) THE-GLNH
(888) 843-4564
Helpline Crisis Intervention (800) 850-8078 
Memphis Gay & Lesbian Community Center (901) 278-6422 
Mid-TN Bisexual Forum
Nashville GLBT Chamber
CHRIS Kids Rainbow Program (404) 324-4190

Group Home and Housing                                                
Housing Within Reach
TDMHSAS Ombudsman  (800) 560-5767
East Tennessee Domestic Violence SAFE House 211
East Tennessee Link House
  for Runaway and Homeless Youth
(423) 288-1828
(877) 288-1828
Park Center Consumer Housing Specialist
  (Nashville area)
(615) 242-3576 x128
Cedar Walk Community Living Center (Centerstone)
Coffee, Davidson, Dickson, Maury, Montgomery, and Wilson Counties
(888) 291-4357
Tennessee Mental Health Consumers' Association
  Memphis Housing Case Manager 
(901) 522-2090


Legal (POA, Conservatorship, Guardianship)              
Powers of Attorney, Conservatorships and legal guardianships are all ways to help your loved one who requires extra assistance in managing their illness and their lives. Various legal forms are available on the web. You should additionally seek the services of a qualified professional.
2011 Conservatorship Association of Tennessee (CAT)

Membership Form (

   The Tennessee State Health Insurance Assistance Program is a statewide program that provides free and objective counseling and assistance to persons with questions or problems regarding Medicare and other related health insurances.
1-877-801-0044 (Toll-free)

Medical Records                                                
   Most hospitals have forms to request medical records. Expect to pay for the copies at a reasonable rate. If the medical record is large, for example, your loved one spent a week in the hospital, the cost could range upwards of $50 or more for the complete record depending on how much was done. Keeping medical records is an important part of illness management.
How to Request Your Medical Records

Health Assist (800) 722-7474
Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PAP) (888) 4PPA-NOW
Astra Zeneca (800) 292-6363
Bristol-Myers Squibb (800) 332-2056
Missing Persons

Self Injury                                                

SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Agency
NIMH - National Institute of Mental Health

Service Quality                                                
Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
Consumer Advocates

Available from 8 AM to 4:30 PM (Central)
Monday through Friday


Local (Nashville): 615-532-6700



Go to to find your local Social Security Office

Suicide prevention plan: 

Support Groups                                                
  NAMI Tennessee affiliates near you offer support groups for family members and for those with a mental health diagnosis.  FIND YOUR AFFILIATE
If you are looking for diagnosis specific support groups, there are many good support groups available on the internet and some organizations like the Depression Bipolar Support Alliance and others offer support groups around the country.
Depression Bipolar Support Alliance          
Schizophrenia Online Discussion Groups    

Read about TennCare               
Family Assistance Service Center        (615) 743-2000 or (866) 311-4287
Contact DHS at the Family Assistance Service Center about changes to your address, family size or jobs.


TennCare: If you don’t have a way to get to your health care visits, you may be able to get a ride from TennCare. If you need a ride to your health care visits, call your health plan. Try to call at least one week before your health care visit to make sure that you can get a ride. If you change times or cancel your health care visit, you must change or cancel your ride too. You can get help with a ride:
• only for services covered by TennCare, and
• only if you don’t have any other way to get there.
If you are a child under the age of 21, you can have someone ride with you.
For the most up-to-date information about transportation, call your health plan. The number for your health plan is on the back of your TennCare card.
Not TennCare: The state of Tennessee is divided into regions. Transporation providers differ from region to region. To find a Rural and Urban Transit Agencies, go here:

                                                                                             Submit a resource or a correction 

 1101 Kermit Drive Suite 605 • Nashville, TN 37217

Phone: (615) 361-6608 • Fax: (615) 361-6698